Sean M. Dougherty, D.P.M.
Dr. Dougherty is a highly trained surgeon specializing in treating a wide range of foot and ankle conditions. He has an in depth knowledge of the most cutting edge techniques and procedures related to reconstructive foot and ankle surgery, diabetic foot care/wound care, and sports medicine related foot and ankle conditions. Dr. Dougherty has developed a special interest in biomechanics and gait analysis. He places emphasis on reducing pain and returning patients to their daily and recreational activities.
- Surgical Residency: Intermountain Medical Center/DVA. Chief Resident. Salt Lake City, UT
- Medical School: D.P.M., California School of Podiatric Medicine. San Francisco Bay Area
- Undergraduate: B.A., Integrative Biology, University of California at Berkeley. Berkeley, CA.
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
Dr. Dougherty was born and raised in the Bay Area. After completing his studies at UC Berkeley and the California School of Podiatric Medicine, he traveled to Salt Lake City for his surgical residency program. While serving as chief Resident, he was extensively trained in all aspects of surgical and medical management of the foot and ankle.
Dr. Dougherty has since returned back home to the Bay Area and is an avid fan of the hometown college and professional sports teams. He enjoys outdoor activities and running, in addition to playing golf and basketball.